..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

6.03.2004

Is it wrong?

This post is going in a different direction than you're all expecting. My question is, is it wrong that when I read things like this, I just smile? I'm not sure why I smile -- maybe because it validates my faith in God all the more, for some strange reason. Maybe it's because there are so many who jump to so many baseless conclusions about my faith and how I got to this point in my life? I don't know.

But then, the reality of the situation hits me. I have a hope, a peace that so many readers here just don't understand (or won't let themselves understand) and don't have for themselves (though they could). At school, during the roughest times for our community (say, when 9/11 occurred, or we experienced a death on campus or something like that) we would sing the song, "It is Well" -- to this day, I can barely think of that song without becoming all misty-eyed. I bring it up, because, well-- I don't have the words to describe what I feel when I think about where God's brought me. I'm supposed to be a better writer than this, but I just don't have the words. I'm not sure there are words.

It is well, with my soul.