..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

6.07.2004

God.

One of things I talked about when I started writing here, was my relationship with God. It was lacking then and it still is. Not as much, but the room for improvement is vast. I was reminded of that today in an e-mail from a friend, whose advice I'd asked for. One thing he said was remarkably similar to something Jack said:

"Honestly, I think it's just a distraction tactic to keep you from doing what God wants you to with this blog.

So, I get it. I wish all messages were as clear. Now I need a plan or a strategy or something. Maybe if my relationship with God sucks that much I need to spend some time here examining that more. I think I avoid writing about it because I have little insight as to why.

John Eldredge wrote in one of his books that he believes you can spend time with God just by being quiet, spending time admiring his creation and whatnot. I used to do that a lot more than I do know. One particularly hard summer between my sophomore and junior years of college (my entire support system was at school, so summers were extra tough) I spent a lot of time walking. Or sitting in parks. Or camping. Just being alone, thinking and praying.

Maybe that's a good place to start. I've also tried devotional books before, but, with little luck. Maybe I'll try another. Somthing's gotta give here, there's got to be something I'm missing.