..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

5.25.2004

Why?

Steve left us here, but he still lets everyone know what he thinks. Again, over at the Naked Blog:

"...I question his sentiment - why bother putting this up in the public domain if not for personal vanity and oh gosh, maybe if just one other poor man struggling with homosexual attraction sees my words and finds strength from them, then maybe god will be pleased..."

Aside from ignoring the blaring "works" oriented sentiment -- as if God requires our service in exchange for grace -- I don't have much to say about this. Probably, because I don't know the answer. Why does anyone put anything up? Why is there a diary of a pedophile over at invisiblogs? Why does anyone write any blog? Why does anyone write anything for that matter? Songs, poems, stories? Self-expression, I think, is good for the soul. And, it's not like I have anyone in my life that I can talk through this with.

MORE: One thing I've struggled with for a long long time, is that God would heal me -- then turn me into one of those guys who travels the country telling others of his "gayness" and what God did for him. I have no problem with these guys, I just know its that I've never wanted that for myself. I fear having that. Maybe my attitude toward that will change -- but this is really a point in my life that I want to eventually put behind me. Not reminisce about for years to come. This blog, I guess, lets me talk to others with some semblance of anonymity.