..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

5.21.2004

Visitors.

For that past couple of weeks I've been receiving regular visits from a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. Man they drive me crazy. How do you say go away and don't come back nicely? It's cool -- they're so devoted and everything, but since I work from home they're taking time away from work. Plus they're completely nuts.

As I sat there, listening to her pull verses out of context with no regard to idiomatic tracing and telling me that I can't go to heaven -- all I wanted to do is to tell her to leave me alone. I'm all for sharing God's love and message and fulfilling the great commission, but why be so so so so pushy? I had no will to debate her so I was trying to play up my ignorance. But she said, "you're very familiar with your Bible" -- apparently noticing that I had no trouble finding the verses she was pulling out. I guess I just suck at the under cover stuff.

Though I did wonder, what would they do with me? Are they okay with homosexuals or am I one of the ones who will "be destroyed by Jehovah?" -- which brings me to several e-mails I've received telling me to ignore the "hell fire and brimstone" crowd.

Let me say this again. I AM NOT GOING TO HELL. I am a sinner -- one saved by God's grace; cleansed from all wrongs. I've been justified. It's that process of sanctification that's hard. I've done wrong. I've hurt myself. I'll do wrong again. It's inevitable. That's why God's grace is so mysterious to us.