..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

5.31.2004

Manhood.

"Manhood is a sustained act of character. It is no easier to become a man than it is to become virtuous."

From a comment left by a reader (who was quoting something else). It's a point well taken; definitely not something that's lost on me.

Then I flashed back to one of Brock's comments, that linked to this article. She makes a point about choice that resonates with me in some ways. If masculinity is really so hard to obtain, why do so many boys grow into physically, spritually and emotionally healthy men without so much as giving it a second thought? Why do some of us (me) get the shaft -- sent spiraling into a life that's very painful, both spiritually and emotionally?

Now to be honest, the rage expressed in that article says something about the mom who wrote it -- and I can only imagine what kind of parent she was -- perhaps a bit too protective of her son? I don't know, I've never met her -- it was just a very emotional response.