..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

5.24.2004

I can't really agree.

This post, from elcaminoreal.blog-city.com misses a big part of one of the most blessed things God's given us: each other.

"knowledge of homosexual temptations is a serious impediment to same-sex friendships. By self-identifying as someone with SSA, a person is severely limiting prospects for friendship with heterosexuals. Deep and lasting friendships do not require that one ever discuss what is best reserved to the confessional."

This might be as simple as the differing views between catholics and protestants (I assume that the writer is catholic, but I could be wrong). Though, I can't help be reminded of Galations 6 (bearing each other's burdens).

The writer misses some other key points about what SSA is -- I don't believe it's sin in and of itself (mostly) -- it's how we respond to it, our acting out that's the sin.