..::|:.: Scattered Words

"in brokeness, I could see, that this was your will for me..." :: Jeremy Camp

5.23.2004

The Design.

For sex (and maleness). God's. It's funny how so uncomplicated it is, yet we, in our amazing capacity as beings of free will (aka, stupidity), manage to screw it up beyond all reason.

His image. Male and female. He created us. Adam from the dust, Eve from Adam. They were perfect, they were good (and amazingly, God created no same-sex partners for his good, perfect creations). If Bible-believing Christians need any evidence that homosexuality wasn't / isn't an intention of God, its absence before the fall should be enough. But I digress.

This all brings me back to 1 Corithians 6. That becoming one with your mate. When I brought this up the last time, the typical response wsa that two guys can have that same oneness. They can't (my first response to this was, "The hell they can," but I thought it too strong).

The reason the masculine desires the feminine (and vice versa) is because she is his "other" -- the opposite of him. He finds a completion of himself in her. So, it's no wonder that a guy, who hasn't grown into his masculinity fully, desires first, to fulfill that. The result, is homosexual acting out.

I don't know if this makes a whole lot of sense -- but because we all can't agree on specific revelation from God (the Bible), maybe we can glean a little more from general revelation (creation).